Millennium Rehabilitation & Consulting Services, Inc (dba; Millennium Therapy) is a locally owned and operated Therapy Services Company. We provide Physical, Occupational and Speech Therapy in Skilled and non-skilled nursing facilities. We are the largest Iowa based therapy company serving Iowa facilities with over 70 active contracts.
Our staff is trained to provide efficient, effective therapy services, balancing patient needs with reimbursement directives. Productivity standards are developed and maintained based on the needs of your facility.
Treatment is tailored to meet the patients’ needs and goals to:
- increase function
- improve independence in activities of daily living
- improve language, cognition and / or swallowing
- improve quality of life
The benefits Millennium can bring to your facility include:
- Consistent staff who live in your community
- Up-to-Date Clinical Expertise
- On-site manager
- Exceptional knowledge of reimbursement issues
- Expertise in State and Federal regulatory issues
As a locally owned and operated company, we can assure easy access to management. With the ever-changing healthcare environment, it is important to have timely, consistent and reliable lines of communication open. With Millennium, you can count on getting answers quickly.
Millennium Therapy focuses on services specifically designed to maximize resident care and to proactively address functional declines. We frequently communicate with facility staff and provide ongoing consultation with nursing regarding the need for therapy services. We customize our services to meet the specific needs of your facility.
We can assist your nursing and restorative staff in developing or managing the following:
- Group Treatment Programs
- Contracture Management
- Walk to Dine
- Restorative Dining
- Wheelchair Seating and Positioning
- Functional Maintenance Programs
- Individually Customized Rehab Programs
Each Millennium Therapist is allowed up to $1000.00 per year to attend continuing education programs that will enhance the scope and quality of our facility services as well as the expertise of each individual therapist. Eligibility for this continuing education benefit requires the therapist to select a course or seminar that will enhance their skills or provide new avenues for treatment with the types of patients they most commonly see. Additional support for new program development is provided by our Area Manager and Clinical Specialists. Millennium Therapy can assist you in identifying new revenue opportunities such as an Outpatient Therapy Clinic or In-Home services to your residents in assisted or independent living apartments.
Besides our expertise with Medicare and Medicaid (MCO) reimbursement, Millennium has extensive experience working with a wide variety of payers and supporting facilities with ACO contracts and requirements. We work with a number of Long Term Care consulting companies to ensure you get the assistance and results you expect.
Specialty programs include, but are not limited to:
- Outpatient Services
- Marketing assistance
- Community outreach programs
- Lymphedema treatments by certified therapists
- Falls prevention Programs
- Women’s Health including incontinence treatments
- FEES testing
- Millennium also offers Fiberoptic Endoscopic Evaluation of Swallowing (FEES). Sending patients or residents for a modified barium swallow test at a hospital is costly and inconvenient, both for the facility and the patient/family. In almost all cases the FEES can be used and this evaluation is done right at the facility, or patient’s place of residence, by a certified speech language pathologist. Millennium has the equipment and has two certified therapists. For a fraction of the cost of the modified barium swallow test, our clients can take advantage of this new, progressive, procedure Millennium is offering.